Monday, December 19, 2011

more partying

The last installment of Lucas' birthday celebrations was Saturday night.  It was definitely a Cars 2 birthday! 
Papa Steve, Gramma Connie, Great Pa, Great Grandma, Uncle Brian and cousins Abby, Nick and Will came to party.


Lucas loves Cars 2 and legos.  How could it get any better?  He has another set like this, different theme, but he can build and build for hours!

The boys had lots of playing to do.

All smiles, Mr. Four.


When I asked Lucas several weeks ago what kind of cake he wanted he told me Cars 2.  I narrowed it down to Lightning McQueen or Francesco and hands down, the vote was for Francesco.  I was pretty nervous about this one, but with a pep talk from Lucas "You can make it for me, right mom?  I know you can," I figured the worst case scenario was a funny looking cake. 

I free-handed Francesco.  There is always room for improvement, but I was happy with it.  All of the party-goers liked it, and MOST importantly Lucas loved it.  Second most important was that I tried a new cake recipe and it tasted yummy! 


Diving in.

Lucas always sits like this.  Everywhere. 

Building Legos with Gramma Connie.

Another favorite part for me - Brent and Steve cleaning my kitchen.  :) 

1 comment: