Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Birthday letter

Dear Lucas,
Happy 4th birthday!  Your dad and I are amazed that four years have passed since God blessed us with an amazing gift to be your parents.  We are so thankful for you.

You are a tender-hearted little boy who cares about others and gets his feelings hurt.  Not too long ago I gave you a stern warning about getting back into bed (after many times of getting out of bed).  You obediently went back to your room and crawled into bed but just a few seconds later you were sobbing.  When I asked you why, you told me I hurt your feelings.  This, of course, broke my heart and I promptly crawled into bed with you and snuggled you.  And I apologized for hurting your feelings. 

You are a great big brother.  It is so fun to watch you and Hannah interact.  She watches you in amazement and wants to be in everything you are doing.  Remember this in ten years... it is because she loves you.  I hope you always have patience with her and continue to protect her.  Forever. 

You seem to grow inches when I'm not looking!  We made a promise many months ago - I will let you grow up, but only if you always give me hugs and kisses.  Last week on the way into church, you told me your backpack (containing coloring books, tractors and animals for playing quietly at church) was getting too little.  I said you must be getting bigger.  You replied, "Yep, but I'll still give you hugs and kisses when I get married."  Thank you, I want hugs and kisses forever.

You love preschool and "regular school" (aka. daycare).  It is incredible to us that you have learned so much - educationally, socially, developmentally - from both schools. 

We love you more and more each day and you bring lots of joy to our life!

Happy birthday, sweet boy!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment