Friday, February 19, 2010

Weekend get-a-way and Valentine's

We had a get-a-way with friends last weekend.  With scheduling for four families, it just happened to land on Valentine's weekend.  It was a fun treat.  We rented a house in the Galena Territories that we found on http://www.vrbo.com/.  The outdoor photos are obviously not from February! 








This one IS from February!  I don't know how well you can see it, but this is a snow angel.  Six of the eight of us jumped out of the hot tub and made a snow angel in our bathing suits.  The yard was scattered with angels.  No one suffered any frost bite, but I wouldn't encourage children to do it.  :) 

The company was great, the house was beautiful and the fireplace & hot tub were welcoming; I hope we can do it again. 

I'm not sure how I managed to do it, but I also kept Lucas from opening his "school" Valentine's until Sunday afternoon.  He was so excited to look at the cards and wanted every.single.piece.of.candy.  I would read the card and then he would repeat his friend's names with this sheepish smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment