Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Toddler love

When I was pregnant with Lucas, I signed up for emails from a website about the baby's development.  After Lucas was born, they continue to send emails about baby milestones and now we are on to the toddler emails.  (How did my baby turn into a toddler?!?!)  Last week the email was about "7 Signs Your Child Loves You."  I read a few of the sentences, but then I started thinking about how Lucas shows love. 

How OUR toddler shows us he loves us:
- Pulling on my hand and saying, "Come. Come." when he has something he wants to share with me. 
- When I wake him up in the morning, he climbs into my arms and always gives me a tight squeeze.  Then I smother him with kisses. 
- When he is upset, his first instinct is that mommy and/or daddy can fix it.
- When I pick him up from daycare and he runs to the door and exlcaims, "Mommy here!"  He does this for Brent, too, and it is absolutely one of the best highlights of the day. 
- Or the days at daycare that he looks at his friends and says, "No, my mommy."  (Because another two year old might steal me...!)
- He equates love with the strength of his hugs; he squeezes really hard when I tell him I love him.
- The way he looks at me when I read him a book... like he is the luckiest kid in the world that his mommy is reading to him. 

We are so blessed to have him love US.

The growing weed:

1 comment: