Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MELT reunion

Three of my high school girlfriends and I got together a few weeks back.  We do it at least once a year and start planning months in advance to make the calendar work.  The first letter of each of our names spells the acronym MELT and that is how we've referred to ourselves since high school.  Erin and I have been friends since diapers.  Leah's mom and my mom were in Le Leche League together all those years ago.  E & L met Mindy in middle school, but she and I became particularly close sitting next to each other our freshman year in Environmental Science.  MELT was born...

We all have very different interests and hobbies and went four different ways after high school graduation.  But through it all, we've maintained an amazing friendship.  There was really only one hiccup that I can recall, and yes, it did involve a boy.  Fortunately, we resolved that and I didn't no one married him.  We have seen each other through a lot of things - college, boys, weddings, career changes, health issues, buying homes, babies and much more. 

There are a lot of miles between us, but when we get together it feels like just yesterday we were cruising the loop together.  I am blessed to have these girls as friends.

3 comments:

  1. So nice T!! I couldn't agree more:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, babe. What a nice tribute to a long-standing, fantastic friendship. Also, I am, as ever the classy one with her drink visible in the picture. Love your face.
    -L

    ReplyDelete