Wednesday, April 18, 2012

bike-a-thon

Preschool had a bike-a-thon to raise money for St. Jude's Children Research Hospital.  There were several "prep" sessions for the kids that included safety and homework coloring sheets.  Lucas was so excited!


It was a bit like a roller derby, but there were no major injuries to report. 


Jonah.

Ava.


*I'm not bragging about NOT following safety guidelines, but Lucas never wears his helmet.  He got this helmet when we bought him the Cars 2 bike a year ago.  The night before the bike-a-thon I had Lucas put the helmet on so I could adjust the straps since he hadn't worn it for many, many months.  Then I discovered that his head has grown and the helmet hardly fit.  He told me it hurt his head.  Being the good mom I am I told him it might be a little snug, but that it would be okay for the bike-a-thon.  Now go back and look at the pictures again.  You can tell that the helmet is too small.  Oops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment