Monday, October 3, 2011

harvest time again


Hannah's first combine ride!

She mostly leaned over my lap and watched.  Well, that, and she had her head pressed against the door window as she slobbered on the door handle. 

Earlier that week I was told by a certain three year old farmer that there wasn't room for Hannah in the combine because she didn't have a seat. 

Rest assured, while there is limited space, everyone had a spot. 

Besides, there is always another seat waiting... next to Papa. 

Shortly after Hannah was born, there was some extreme concern about everyone at our house having an appropriate pair of boots.  I got my new boots and they just happen to be pink, like Hannah's.  You like?

Hannah loved playing in the corn stalks!





I love harvest; I could ride in the combine for hours.  It is peaceful and productive. 
Lucas has taken his share of naps on the combine floor, just like I remember doing as a kid riding with my dad. 

I'm thankful my children get to enjoy farm life. 
I thank God everyday that my husband gets to live one of his dreams, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment