Monday, October 17, 2011

a bad secret

We had our annual October birthday celebration and I just have a couple pictures.

Adele, Caleb, Papa Richard and I all have October birthdays.
{I love that Nick is licking his lips in this picture... must have been anxious for cake and ice cream!)

Waiting impatiently.

She didn't stray far from me, or take her eyes off of me the whole day. 

Helping Uncle Dominic with a puzzle.

Are you waiting for the explanation of the post title? 


The kids had finished cake and ice cream and were playing throughout the house.  The adults were sitting around the dining room chatting.  Lucas is in the living room.

"Mom!" he exclaimed, "I have a bad secret!"  He ran into the dining room, pulling on my hand, leading me to the living room. 

"What is it?"

He runs ahead of me, all of the adults watching intently.  He climbs over the corner of the sectional couch and starts pulling something out...

"A Hawkeye blanket!" said with his face all scrunched up. 

The adults roared with laughter!  Having a Hawkeye blanket in your house is a bad secret to Lucas.  It took some explaining to figure out why my sister and brother-in-law had this "bad secret" in their house.  What was funny to me is that my family got to see that I don't make this stuff up:  he wasn't prompted, this is true Lucas. 


***************************

The kids and I stayed over with my parents and got some special time with them.  We ate supper at McDonald's, which has a play place, but Lucas was more concerned about getting back to the farm to finish chores with Papa.  Then he dug out some of my parent's old-school toys, including little metal trucks that my grandparents used to have in their toy basket for when we visited. 

I was reminded recently you can never have too many pictures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment