Thursday, September 15, 2011

so, there is this girl...

She loves our kids.  Loves them.
She's not blood, but she's pretty much a member of our family.
She could ask for anything and we'd do all we could to accommodate her. 
Her name is Molley.  
I may have had to fib to Molley a bit to get a picture of her with the kids,
but I am glad I was able to get this photo. 

Babysitter doesn't seem like the appropriate term; she isn't a teenager.  However, when we ask, she cares for our children and gives them the best attention.  How do we measure it?  Happy kids who get excited when she comes to our house.

When Brent and I go out, the first phone call is Molley.  Even better is that she can handle multiple kids.  I'm talking multiple.  Our kids, Dave and Maggie's kids and Marc and Sara's kids.  All at once.  She's wiped tears, separated fights, bandaged wounds and even been vomited on.  And she still comes back.  I don't have enough words to express how great Molley is!  She thinks about the kids birthdays, buys them Christmas gifts and rearranges her schedule for us them. 

Last month, Molley asked if she could take Jonah and Lucas to the park and the play place McDonald's to celebrate Jonah's birthday.  Are you kidding me?  That is a dream.come.true. for these three year olds!  Lucas was giddy about going.  Molley sent me these photos from their night out.







It just kept getting better - on the way home, they stopped at Wal-Mart. Molley bought Jonah and Lucas each a Cars 2 character car.  What a night!!!  I have a feeling Lucas will get a special play date for his birthday, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment