Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lettuce

Lettuce - the green, leafy stuff that grows in a garden - I was never a fan of it. We didn't have lettuce salads on the "menu" growing up. If we went to a restaurant that offered a salad with a meal, I opted for cottage cheese or something of the like. On a salad bar, I skipped the first half containing lettuce, dressings, etc. and went for fruit, pickled beets and cottage cheese. 

I remember an internship experience I had in college that I went to a nice restaurant who served a salad. I didn't want to draw attention to me having a 'special' order, so I managed a few bites and stirred it around the bowl. 

I just never saw the point in it; it seemed like a filler. 

Then, I met Brent. 

And somewhere in the last ten years, I turned over a new leaf (ha! ha!) and love a good salad.  You will most likely find lettuce in my refrigerator on any given day. 

There is another salad eater at our house, too.  Lucas loves lettuce and in the last year, we've come to learn that if Brent and I have salad, Lucas MUST have some on his plate, too.  With a big dollop of ranch dressing and croutons. 

Lucas finished his lettuce and most of his pizza...

then he reached over to my plate and helped himself. 

My favorite place for salad?  That Place - they use Fritos instead of croutons.  

1 comment:

  1. My kids love lettuce too, too bad it's a vegetable we don't have much success growing! So glad to see Hannah's smiles, Nolan is so smily I bet if he could make noise, he'd be laughing!

    ReplyDelete