Thursday, March 31, 2011

::dreams::

My sweet baby girl, you've just fallen asleep in my arms.  I could watch you sleep for hours. So peaceful. Your little expressions make me wonder what you are dreaming of.  The curl of your lips to smile, the twitch in your eye, the way your hands lay so gracefully on your little chest...rising...falling...

I know what I dream for you... I want you to be a wonderfully confident, intelligent, funny, responsible young woman. I don't know what success will look like for you, but I want you to follow your heart and have passion for life. I want you to be proud of what you accomplish.  I want you to learn life lessons that will benefit you, even if a few of those lessons mean heartache.  I want you to find the love of your life to sweep you off your feet.  I want you to know the joy and unconditional love of being a mom.  I want you to have amazing friends who will always love you, support you and ground you.  I want you to never, ever question how much your dad and I love you.

I sit here holding you, wishing I could cuddle you forever.  I will protect you from everything I can: will love you forever and always.  I pray that my dreams for you come true.
 
Good night, my sweet baby.

1 comment: