Monday, August 16, 2010

Lucas says...

Hearing church bells ring the other night, Lucas said "It's Brad's wedding." 

{I don't even remember the church bells ringing at Brad & Michelle's wedding!}

*********************

Playing at a friend's house, Jonah hit Lucas.  Lucas marched up to Maggie and announced, "Jonah needs time out."

{Oh great, he's a tattle-tale AND bossy.}

*********************
Lucas was telling Great Aunt Janie and Great Aunt Linda his ABCs.  He paused after the letter G and Aunt Linda said "H... I... J..."  Lucas stood up and looked at her and said "No help." 

{Good luck to his future teachers.}

*********************

We were at a restaurant Saturday night and Lucas needed to go potty.  I took him into the restroom and he went #2.  Later on the way home, I told Lucas, "I am so proud of you for pooping on the potty at the restaurant."  He looks at me and smiles, "I'm proud of you, too, mommy." 

{Lucas had only gone #2 at home and school, so I truly was proud of him.}

*********************

Lucas was tired and very clingy at daycare drop off this morning.  I was carrying him in and he had his head on my shoulder.  I stopped to tell one of the staff that Lucas wouldn't be in one day this week because we were going to the state fair.  He would not look at her to tell her what animals we would see or what food we would eat.  When she asked, "Lucas, will you bring me a hawkeye magnet?"  He lifted up his head, turned his body in my arms and looked at her with bold eyes, then shook his head a big no. 

{This made me laugh out loud because he was totally unprompted to say no to her hawkeye request and very obviously grumpy anyway.  He is such a smart kid. :) }

1 comment:

  1. love the wedding comment! i actually don't remember if there were bells either, will have to wait for the video!

    ReplyDelete