Thursday, January 31, 2013

update on Ann

Ann had a bad week last week. She has been in severe pain the last couple of weeks and they've been doing a lot of switching with her pain meds.  She is on morphine now.  She had a CT scan and PET scan to see what's going on and it confirmed what the doctor's suspected - the chemo that had been working, is not working now.  The extreme pain she has been suffering from is because the cancerous spots on her hip are growing and there are now spots on her breast bone/sternum. 

Her current chemo schedule is suspended and she will start radiation on Monday.  Most people react fast to the radiation so that will hopefully work to eliminate or reduce the pain she is in.  The hospital she goes to is a University hospital and the oncology team is meeting to decide about a new chemo.  They say there are still lots of options. 

Thank you for your continued prayers for her!  Each prayer is needed and appreciated greatly! 


And a little 'throw back Thursday' photo...
The back of this photo said 1988 so it must have been the first day of school, fall of 1988.  That would have been Ann's senior year, Brian's freshman year, Karen was in 6th grade and I was in 2nd.  I bet my mom was glad to have us back in school and out of the house! 
I have so many {funny} things I could say about this photo.  But I think I will leave it as simply saying that I'm glad the 80s are over...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment