Wednesday, May 30, 2012

tree climbing

The kids and I spent a weekend at my parent's a few weeks ago.  Brent was swamped and it was a good chance to go visit "Gramma and Grampa who live far away."  We got out of the van and the kids spent ten minutes playing with Dusty, my parent's dog. There were a couple of calves bellering east of the house and the kids went running. Not kidding.


Within a few minutes we had to check on all of the calves.  In seconds, Lucas had climbed to the top of the hay bales in the hoop barn.  In flips flops, nonetheless.

 
Another 'right of passage' for Lucas - climbing a tree.



This cherry tree was the perfect learning tree. 
Until he slipped and his shirt got pushed up... he scraped his stomach from his belly button to his chest!  Minus the injury, he was so proud of himself!  And anxious to tell Daddy about it over the phone.  Before hanging up at bedtime, he also told Daddy "don't forget to buy mommy something nice."  I'm not sure where that comment came from, but my mom thought it was pretty funny.  {It was Mother's Day weekend.}

We went to church with my parents.  Oh my goodness.  If I knew what that 50 minutes was going to be like prior to walking through the doors of the church Brent and I were married in, I would have skipped!  I would never say that our kids are perfect in church, but something must have gotten into Hannah that day!  She was a wiggling, screaming, trying-to-leap-out-of-my-arms toddler. 

No trip is complete without gator/lawn mower rides.





No comments:

Post a Comment