Saturday, January 15, 2011

Big brother is watching

When Lucas went to Big Brother class at the hospital, they took a picture of each child and printed them for the parent's to pack in our suitcase for the hospital. The purpose was to put the picture in the baby's bassinet at the hospital; to "introduce" the baby to their sibling.

While I didn't have my suitcase packed for a few weeks (okay, about two days before we went to the hospital) I immediately packed that picture. I also put it into Hannah's bassinet at the hospital as soon as I could.

Since we've been home, when Hannah cries, Lucas comes running and pats her gently on the head and says, "it's okay, big brother here."

Or, he'll scramble to find a pacifier (which she doesn't even really love) and come running to the rescue saying, "it's okay, big brother here," while trying to shove it into her mouth.

I hope he always protects her as much as he does now.

No comments:

Post a Comment