Monday, October 11, 2010

Lucas says...

It is so fun that at not even three years old, we can have such interesting conversations with our little man.  He can go on and on about farming, football, animals, school, family members, his friends, tools, etc.  But just so you know, this is a very common saying at our house... "I'm a big kid.  I not a baby."  Then it makes this mommy feel sad that he is so grown up. 


**********
Lucas has two new phrases that he uses at very funny times.  "I love them" and "It's my favorite."

For example - seeing his pumpkins in the yard, "I love them."  Eating meatloaf (which may have been the first time he'd even eaten it) "This is my favorite." 


**********
He gets annoyed at buzzing flies and bugs, just like I do. 

"Go away, fly.  You're naughty.  Go home to your friends."


**********
This one he's been saying for a couple of months... and it used to make my heart sink.  I'd give him kisses and he'd say "I wipe your kisses off" and then proceed to wipe his mouth/cheek/forehead, followed by giggles.  Since he obviously thought it was funny, I tried not to take it to seriously.  He did it one day when I was dropping him off at daycare and one of the teachers said "Lucas, you're not wiping them off.  You're rubbing them in to keep forever."  So that is my response now and he giggles even more!  Plus, I give him a zillion kisses and know that there is no way he could possibly wipe all of them off.


**********
"Your my friend, mom.  I like to hold your hand."


**********
Remember when Lucas picked me flowers with his babysitter?  Last week at daycare, they went on a walk and he picked some flowers for me.  He stuffed them in his cubby and was so proud to show them to me.  I carried home my dead flowers and weeds flowers and placed them on the counter to enjoy.

Sometimes we'll be driving and he says he wants to pick flowers.  I ask what he'll do with them.  "Give them to you, Mom."

1 comment: