Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Farming

The gorgeous fall weather is resulting in lots of harvesting, such a good thing!  For Lucas, this means lots of tractor and combine rides.  He's been talking about harvest since August!  Last weekend, we packed a picnic lunch and ate in the field (the back of my Tahoe, really).  Lucas ate his whole lunch plus two pumpkin bars!   He hadn't even worked up an appetite. 




After lunch, we rode in the combine with Great Pa. 

Great Pa sure enjoys the "help."

Then we switched and rode with Daddy. 





When we got restless, we checked on Grandma's flowers and found lots of corn chaff.  Oh boy, was it fun to play in that stuff!  It was soft and blew around a lot in the wind. 

And it made Lucas cough when it blew back at him. 

Then we headed home for a late nap...someone didn't make it very far before he was asleep. 

I do have to confess that being on the farm isn't just about Lucas... I love it, too.  While riding along isn't nearly as fun as driving myself, I just love being a part of it.  I've logged plenty of hours driving tractor and this time of year I do miss it.  My dad had a lot of trust in me to help with the farm and it felt great to help him accomplish a harvest that farmers work so hard for.  Harvest isn't over yet, so I know Lucas and I (and baby) will get several more rides this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment