Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ann

My sister, Ann, is the oldest of us four kids and is nine years older than me.  She headed off to college when I was in 4th grade and my other sister, Karen, quickly moved into her room.  That meant Ann had to spend the summers with her littlest sister because I had the biggest bedroom. 

No, I'm not naked - I have a diaper on.  Yes, she does have an Iowa Hawkeye shirt on; I know it is disheartening.   

I have a feeling she was faking the sleep - look at the smile on her face.

Being the oldest, she did most things first... She was the first to join 4-H and show cattle.  She was the first to join FFA and get her State and American FFA Degrees.  She was the first to go to college and made a very wise choice of Iowa State University.  She set a lot of great examples.  Academics were a priority to Ann and, unfortunately, I wasn't wise enough to follow her lead on that... boys were way more interesting to me.   

Ann and her husband, Koen, met while they were both working for Caterpillar on international projects. (She lived in Illinois, he was born, raised and lived in Belgium).  In 2005, they got married in the U.S. and she moved to Belgium.


They get back to Iowa to visit about once a year.  We can't wait to visit them someday!

Sunday, April 18th is Ann's birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIS! 

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet post, T! Big sisters are awesome and do blaze a trail for us younger sisters (even when we thought we were too cool to take any of their advice:-)

    ReplyDelete