Tuesday, February 14, 2012

my sweet Valentine x 3

When we bought Cars 2 Valentine cards, it was pure glee for Lucas.  His preschool teachers recommended doing five cards at a time.  I was naive.  Anytime I've had Lucas write his name on a birthday or get well card to someone he has done it without question.  The first night we pulled out the Valentine cards he had to look at each.and.every. card and see all of the characters before getting started and find out who was getting Lightning McQueen, who was getting Finn McMissile, etc.  Then, it was like pulling teeth to write his name on five Valentine cards.  I looked at Brent and told him "this is your fault."  {School was not Brent's priority as a child and spelling and writing were definitely at the bottom of his list, so I jokingly blamed him.  The truth is, I didn't like homework or studying either.}

Thankfully, we just needed to get in the groove and we knocked the preschool and daycare Valentine's out. 

Mr. Valentine

If Hannah would have "helped" all of the Valentine cards would be in the trash.  Or the toilet.  She loves both spots for random items... like mom's shoe, Brown Bear book, sippy cup... you get the idea.  {We try to remember keep the trash can locked and the bathroom doors closed.}

Regardless, I have two sweet little Valentine's and one sweet big Valentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment