Monday, February 13, 2012

look who's talking...

Hannah has two new words: hot and owww.  Added to her list of mama, dada, uh-oh.  At her 12 month check up, her pediatrician said she would be happy with five words by 18 months.  {Five by 13 months isn't bad}  She also shakes her head yes and no, particularly when we say "no" to doing something she shouldn't be.  :)  If you tell her it's time to get a new diaper she will start walking to her bedroom.  I would love to believe that means she will be easy to potty train.  I have a feeling it will be the opposite when the time comes!

*****************

Although we have no clue what she is saying, sometimes she will get right into Lucas' face and blabber a whole bunch, then use some hand gestures and blabber a little more.  I wish I could document it... it always makes us laugh, Lucas especially. 
*****************
It was one of those nights that we didn't have much motivation for supper at our house.  Trying to decide what to eat, Brent asked Lucas if he wanted a hot ham & cheese sandwich.  Lucas likes ham sandwiches, but this would be his first with this special recipe. 
"Lucas, my grandma used to make me hot ham & cheese sandwiches.  They are really good," Brent told him.
"Gramma Connie?"
"No, my Grandma.  Gramma Connie's mom.  You don't know her; she lives in heaven."
"I will meet her when I get to heaven," Lucas said matter of factly.  But then it occurred to him "I won't know her." 
"She will know you," Brent assured him.
"Yeah, when I get really old I'll go to heaven."

*****************

"Lucas, there is pee on the toilet seat, go clean it up," I instructed him.
"Why is it there?"  he wondered.
"Because you peed on the toilet seat."
"Oh."  He goes to the bathroom and comes back. 
"Did you clean it up?" I asked.
"Yep, I used the blue towel."  I laughed and laughed.  Then I immediately put the blue towel in the laundry; it was the hand towel in the bathroom.  I didn't tell him to use toilet paper, I assumed he would - never safe to assume with a four year old.  :)

I told Brent this story and he laughed, too.  His comment, "well, at least he told you he used the towel."  Point well taken.

2 comments:

  1. **Smiling** I think I will dry my hands on toilet paper at your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's probably not a bad idea! :-).

    ReplyDelete