Wednesday, June 1, 2011

::farm feet::

You know what farm feet are, right?  When you have no fear of walking without shoes... A phenomenon in kids. 

I can remember walking our gravel driveway to get the mail.

Climbing a wire fence to chase a ball.

Running through grass, never once slowing down to see what I might be running through {thistles}.  

Doing the hot-hot concrete dance to avoid scorching the bottoms of my feet on the sidewalk.  A hot stone and mud pedicure before I even knew what such a thing was! 

Brent took this picture on his phone and texted it to me on Sunday. Lucas had been helping him water trees and instead of ruining his boots in the mud, he shed them.

I later told Brent that Lucas was developing farm feet. Then I learned something new about my husband. He never had farm feet. Nope. He said walking on gravel hurt. This made me giggle. My big, strong husband has delicate feet.

By the looks of things, Lucas will have farm feet this summer.

1 comment: