Saturday, June 18, 2011

a day in my life

Tuesday, June 14, 2011
6:00AM - alarm goes off, hit snooze.
6:10AM - Hannah wakes in her crib and starts talking, listen to her babble from bed.
6:15AM - alarm goes off again, roll out of bed.  Brent gives Hannah a bottle while I get ready for day.
7:00AM - start to wake Lucas... talk to him, rub his back, coax him out of bed.
7:30AM - out the door (late) to drop off kids at daycare.
7:45AM - leave town to drive to work.
8:10AM - arrive at work (late).  ~Work~ Remember that I need to get sunblock for kids for daycare and pick up a dessert for family fun night picnic at daycare tonight.  ~Work~  Remember that Sunday is Father's Day and need to get cards in the mail. ~Work~  Call Brent to remind him to run home and put food in oven for picnic.  ~Work~ Reschedule hair appointment because a conflict came up.  ~Work~
4:30PM - leave work and race home.
4:55PM - arrive at home and get food out of oven; remember that I didn't stop at grocery store to get dessert. 
5:10PM - get to daycare, kiss the kids and jump into the family fun activities then eat with Lucas' friends and their families
6:35PM - leave daycare picnic to take kids home, unload daycare stuff (including "share" bag for Lucas) and picnic items so I don't forget them and make my car smelly, then meet Molley (babysitter) so I can go to a work meeting.
6:50PM - go to Fairboard meeting
7:30PM - (during meeting) text Molley to tell her I forgot to give Hannah her medicine, give her instructions of where it is, how much and tips to make her swallow it. 
7:35PM - text Brent to double check when he gets home that Hannah got her medicine
9:15PM - text Brent to tell him it will probably be another hour before my meeting is over
11:15PM - get home from Fairboard meeting.  Walked in the door and remembered that Lucas brought home the "share" bag for daycare.  The theme was "my dad" so I got on the computer to get some pictures of Lucas and Brent together to put in his share bag.  Remember I never got Father's Day cards in the mail, or purchased sunblock.
12:00AM - check on sleeping babes; both are sleeping heavy.  Hannah is on her tummy.  I lay down in bed and think about Hannah on her tummy and worry about her suffocating (even though she can roll over on her own easily)... Debate that if I roll her over she might wake up.  Decide to take the risk of her waking up and sneak into her room to roll her over.  She wasn't phased by it and kept on snoozing. 
12:30AM - Lay down in bed again and have a cough attack.  Back to the kitchen to take some cough syrup and back to bed. 
1:55AM - Hannah woke up
3:00AM - back in bed
4:09AM - Hannah woke up again.  I gave her the pacifier and silently prayed baby girl, please go back to sleep... mommy is really tired. 
4:30AM - back in bed
6:00AM - alarm goes off...

1 comment: