Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Our Story - hApPy AnNiVeRsArY!

Today is the ten year anniversary of our first date.
November 10, 2000.

I was inspired by Pioneer Woman to write our love story. While I'm not going to share it on this blog (it is many, many pages) I think there will be a place for it in our family history book someday. There are so many tiny tidbits that I remembered as I was writing it...

...the first conversations...
...the first date...
...the first kiss...
...the first time I met his family...
...the first Christmas when he met my family...
...when my friends from work thought I was iNsAnE for agreeing to be his date for a wedding in his hometown (now OUR town) just two weeks after our first date...
...when he told me it took two months to get up the nerve to ask me on a date...
...how he worked in my hometown for three months the summer before we met...
...the fun memories of care-free college life together...
...how we were mostly inseperable from our second date until his college graduation...

There are so many more details in the story that make me smile and hopefully, will make Brent smile when I give it to him as a gift. Maybe it will spark some of his thoughts that I can add to the story.


December 2000
 
Christmas 2000

New Years Eve 2000

January 2001

March 2001
Spring Break in Arizona, March 2001

 VEISHEA weekend, April 2001
  
June 2001

Iowa State Fair, August 2001


Life has changed dramatically since that first date. We have been so blessed in soooo many ways. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for my husband, my best friend. God could not have created a better partner for me and I love him more each day.

1 comment:

  1. aww! It was definitely meant to be! Today is Ryan & my 9th wedding anniversary...just one more thing to add to the list of many similarities we share! Congratulations on 10 fun years!

    ReplyDelete