Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My favorite part(s) of the day

Life moves a million miles an hour, the to-do lists get long, the stress adds up, yet there is so much to be thankful for. I can’t name just one favorite part of the day…

When Lucas wakes up in the morning and he wants to snuggle.  Or on a weekend when he wakes before we do and comes into our room with an armful of stuffed animals who need to crawl into bed with us.
*
Laughing at Lucas laughing.  His giggle is infectious.
*
When Lucas picks a book and reads to me. He's smart, but no, he isn't reading.  Although he changes his tone and it sounds like a story.
*
When we sing; the latest favorites are Old McDonald (he always picks a pig first), Wheels on the Bus and of course, the ABCs.
*
When I pick him up from daycare and he comes running to me for a hug , yelling “MOMMY!!!”
*
My daily dose of kisses from my husband.
*
At bedtime when we read books and he knows the words and says them along with.
*
When Brent puts Lucas to bed and I can hear them giggling together.
*
When I tuck him in and lean in for one more kiss and he reaches his little arms around my neck and says “I love you, mommy” before I even say it. melts.my.heart.
*



What's your favorite part of the day?

1 comment: