Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random ramblings...

Imagine my surprise when I entered the living room on Saturday to see that my precious little boy had taken off his pants and underwear, opened the front door and was hanging out the door {with his business}.  All I see are these cute little buns.  I ran to the door, grabbed his hand and pulled him away.  I peered out to see the mailman was at our box at that exact moment.  I was pretty sure I was going to get a visit from DHS about my nude babe. 

When I asked Lucas why he took his pants and underwear off, he said "they hurt me."  These were not new underwear or pants; he's worn them plenty.  Oigh.  Then I explained that we have to have pants, underwear and a shirt on to go outside. 

**********

While playing outside Sunday (completely clothed), a rabbit went racing across our backyard. 

Me:  "Lucas, look at that rabbit.  He's fast!"
Lucas:  (without missing a beat he quickly responded) "Dat wabbit fast like me." 

His speed, nor his interest in nudity, comes from his mama. 

**********

Before climbing into bed, Lucas always goes potty.  He had his "mmm" in his mouth (pacifier).  When he reached up to flush the toilet, mmm fell out and was briskly swished away into toilet-land.  The look of terror on his face was priceless.  I thought it was funny, but wonder if it won't cause a flushing issue at some point.  This is the first non-toilet-appropriate item (that I know of) that has been flushed... not too bad.  It took several minutes of calming Lucas down before we continued our bedtime routine.

**********

Brent and I are fans of the sitcom "The Office."  Lucas climbed into my lap while we watched an episode the other day.

Lucas:  (pointing to TV) "Dat Jim."
Me:  "You know Jim Halpert?"
He shakes his head yes.  Maybe we need to cut back on our addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment