Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Black birds & tools

Did you also know that toy drills can be used to ward off unwelcome guests?

We had a few blackbirds that {I presume} were eating worms after a rain. Lucas was headed to his play set to "work." Lately, he doesn't go to his play set without his tools. I have no idea why. But he is always hammering, screwing, twisting, etc. He spotted the blackbirds and stopped in his tracks. He turned around and looked at me, worried. Being the consoling mommy I am, I turned and ran to get my camera; I could see something good about to happen.

When I returned a few seconds later, Lucas was holding up his play drill and pushing the button so it was making noise. It never phased the birds. {You can also see that he had his hammer and philips screw driver in the other hand.}  He held the button on the drill for a good minute. I was cracking up. The birds didn't care, so I decided to walk towards them, knowing they would fly away. Lucas stayed in this exact spot until they were gone.


A toolbox full of daddy's tool is like Christmas morning for this little boy. 








No comments:

Post a Comment