Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Potato salad

Brent made his grandma's potato salad a few days ago. Yes, it is homemade. Yes, he really made it all himself. He is an active part of the kitchen in our house. Well, except for unloading the dishwasher :) He is a great cook and makes at least half of our family meals. 

Anyway, back to the potato salad. I can't divulge which Grandma this recipe comes from because there could be a Perry vs. Lehmeier dispute on the comment page. Potato salad is taken very seriously in this family. Brent's recipe was actually a combination recipe that would make both grandmothers proud. They would also be proud he is cooking in the kitchen so much!


Personally, I usually pass on potato salad. Only because I'm a picky eater and I would hate to taste it and not like it and then just leave it wasted on my plate. But Brent's potato salad - this stuff is good. We shared it with friends during a recent dinner and everyone raved. The other wives were doubly impressed with Brent's skills.

Does it make you think summer BBQ?
 

2 comments:

  1. It was DELICIOUS! I would love for Brent to share the recipe with Ryan! Who am I kidding? You're a lucky gal, Teresa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say, It doesn't look like Grandma Perry's. So, since I'm in the family...do I get the recipe? ...Tricia

    ReplyDelete