Tuesday, May 6, 2014

preschool practice

Hannah was so excited to go to preschool clinic day, or "preschool practice" day as we call it at our house.  We dropped her brothers off and she talked about it non-stop for two hours.  Then, I park outside of the building and she says in a sad voice, "Are you staying with me, mama?"  (I love love love that she calls me mama).  I told her yes, I'll be with you until I have to fill out some papers then you will play with your friends.  That appeased her.  As she's hanging up her coat she turns around with a trembling bottom lip.  She was so scared!  I might have smiled a little at this because she is such an adventurous, outgoing, social girl.  Suddenly, preschool was overwhelming to her.  :-( But it was nothing an encouraging hug and leading her to see the bunnies couldn't fix.  

When Lucas was in preschool, Hannah always had to sneak in to see the bunnies.  It will soon be her turn to learn about the bunnies, the rules and taking care of them.  I'd put money on Ryan sneaking in to see the bunnies soon enough.   

I just know she is going to love preschool.  She has lots of already friends in her class and their will be lots more to meet.   

No comments:

Post a Comment