Monday, October 7, 2013

apple unit

Kindergarten spends a time learning all about apples, including Johnny Appleseed.  


Lucas' first school field trip - an apple orchard. 


Lucas and Bo. 


Checking out the animals - the goats had a "sky walk" like way to get from different pens.  
(look in upper right corner)


Lucas and Ava. 


The Alice in Wonderland table.  


There are certainly changes from a one-room school house to today's school conditions.


Happiness on the jumping pillow!




The corn felt very cool and refreshing after being in the hot sun.


Wrestling Collin's dad, Dave, in the corn.


Lucas didn't want to give up 30 seconds up playing in the corn to take a photo with mom.  
I should probably get used to that... :-( 


Some of the fun parents (if I do say so myself) in Lucas' class.  
(front) Mea & Mya's mom
(left to right) Ava's mom, Gracie's dad, me, Collin's dad


Next, there was Apple Friday at school.  Several parents, grandparents and other special people got to help the kids do more investigating and hands on learning about apples.  

Graphing his favorite apple - they got to do a lot of taste testing of apple products. 
He chose yellow delicious as his favorite apple variety.


They also tasted apple chips, apple jelly and dipped in caramel and peanut butter. 


Creating an apple jelly jar :-) 


Peeling an apple for chopping and cooking into applesauce. 


I tagged along to Art class and then got to eat lunch with Lucas.  
He loved eating at the special "guest" table in the lunchroom.  
I love that I have the ability to participate in these activities.  My kids bring me so much joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment