Thursday, April 25, 2013

almost Kindergarten

Kindergarten Round Up - 2013


Lucas was pretty nonchalant about Kindergarten Round Up.  We talked about it leading up to the day but we didn't want to hype it up too much and make him nervous about it.  He was most excited about seeing his friends.  

He was happy to find his seat, name tag and a puzzle to occupy his time when we arrived.  A picture by his locker, a kiss for mom and I left him to be a big kid.  No tears from either of us, but I did have an odd feeling of emptiness today.  I so, so wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch the day unfold.  

At pickup, I was hoping for a talkative boy so I could hear about his day.  
What better way than to have an ice cream date with mom?  


It worked well, too :)  
His favorite part of the whole day was... are you ready?  Recess!  Big surprise, huh?  
He loved lunch and was super excited that he got to bring home his own copy of a new book.  
He didn't have any not favorite parts of the day.  Yay!  
I think the ice cream date was my favorite part of the day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment