Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Is this January?

No, it's Iowa.  And the weather is weird.

The day before Hannah's birthday we went for a walk and it included a stop at the playground.  It was 60 degrees and I have proof.  In the days since her birthday we've been outside, too. 

It might be the only birthday in Hannah's whole life that snow, sleet or ice don't have a presence before, on, or after her special day.  One year ago, friends were unable to make it to the hospital to visit us and baby Hannah because of ice.  Brent and I watched the glistening icicles from the hospital room.  It was pretty, but not safe driving. 

Going for walks, stroller rides, bike rides, playing soccer and climbing on the playset in January are NOT common but it sure is welcome! 

So many fun days outside...







We have a snow fence in our backyard; it helps minimize the blowing snow from the north and west {when there is snow, of course}.  Lucas and I used it as a soccer goal and a volleyball net.


I think I can...

I think I can...

I did it!

Get off and do it again!

 
As enjoyable as this weather has been, there is a winter weather advisory today and tomorrow for snow and wind.  Our January weather is changing as I write this, but nonetheless, a memorable birthday for Hannah in the weather department. 

No comments:

Post a Comment