Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lucas says...

The Saturday leading up to Christmas, Lucas came down with a fever.  It lasted six long days and was accompanied by a yucky cough. We were thankful that he was healthy for the holidays. 
Besides Motrin & Tylenol, stickers sure helped him feel better, too. 

*********************
Putting his hands on both sides of my {very round} belly and his face right to the belly button, "Did the baby come out yet?"

*********************

After we say grace at meals, Lucas insists we also pray to Baby Jesus.  So I start by saying, "Dear Baby Jesus... okay, Lucas, what do you want to pray for?"  Then he usually whispers to me...
* Thank you for my friends...
* Thank you for our house...
* Thank you for the work men...
And then I repeat it out loud.  Sometimes he comes up with some pretty funny, but definitely thankful, things.

*********************

With boisterous conversations over the holidays, Lucas was heard a couple of times saying "Calm down," and gesturing with his hands, "we're all friends!"

*********************

One of Lucas' favorite bathtub toys lately is a kitchen spatula.  He uses it to mix 'feed' for Papa Richard's cows.

*********************

"Lucas, can you take the ketchup to the table?"
"Yeah, I can."

"Can you turn the light on?"
"Yeah, I can."

"Would you please throw this away?"
"Yeah, I can."

We have a great helper and "I can" attitude!

1 comment:

  1. Momma's going to neeed that "I can" helper very shortly!! Lucas is going to be such a great big brother! Sorry to hear he, too had the 6 day fever. That was miserable, wasn't it! Glad everyone is feeling better...just in time for baby Perry's arrival!

    ReplyDelete