Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vintage Christmas

Growing up, we had plenty of fun Christmas memories.  On Christmas Eve, we always went to the children's service at church and then to my grandparent's house for presents.  I presume we ate there, as well, but I really have no recollection of food.  Just presents.  Hey, I was a kid!!  As we got older we went to midnight mass.  The church was only lit by candles and we sang Christmas hymns/carols until the service was ready to start.  If you didn't get there early, you might end up standing, or having your family split apart to find enough seats.  Christmas morning we woke up to find Santa had come!  Santa never wrote our names on our gifts, but somehow, my mom always knew who each gift was for. 







Brent is lucky, I was only able to find a couple of pictures from his very first Christmas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment