Tuesday, August 19, 2014

~ BaCK to sChOOl ~

We have two students living in our house this year.  Lucas started 1st grade and Hannah is a a preschooler.  Woah.  There were just babies a few seconds ago…

It was a wonderful summer {which I hope to update the blog on our summer happenings soon.  let me just say - it was great and fun and busy}.  But it was time to get back to school, get back to normal, to a routine.

The night before school started everyone went to bed great.  Lucas woke up two hours later and wandered to the living room where Brent and I were still hanging out.  He looked around and said "Is it morning?"  We chuckled.  Nope.  "Is it half way to morning?"  Nope.  Back to bed.  Lucas could sleep through anything and loves to sleep in.  The morning of the first day I was in the shower at 6AM and he knocks on the door.  He was excited!

Lucas' first day of school was Monday, August 18.

Showing off his backpack.
Go State!

Ryan really wasn't interested in a group picture. 



I wasn't sad about school starting, just a little melancholy that I don't get to enjoy my boy as much since he'll be at school all those hours of the day.  But I dropped him off happy and content, receiving every bit of hugs and kisses he'd bestow upon me.  Then I watched him walk away on the playground and I felt tears stinging.  What on earth?!?! Where were these coming from?  I didn't plan that.  It's just that he's growing up.  Fast.  First grade!  He walked so confidently to find his friends, which was followed by embracing hugs.  I love that about little boys.  They don't really hide their feelings.  So happy to see friends and play.

The after school report was an A+.  Of course, I took our three for ice cream because it's a fun first day of school tradition and also because it was a really great excuse for me to get ice cream.  :-)  He loved school!  Recess and lunch were at the top of the list {again} which we totally expected.  His teacher let them sit wherever they wanted.  That's wild and crazy to him!  He had a great day and is excited for the year ahead.

Hannah's first day of school was Tuesday, August 19.


You can't tell in this picture but her backpack lights up.  It was an easy decision for her at Target!


More hugs.


Still not all looking at the camera.  


Hannah was excited to pick out her purple dress and sparkly shoes the night before school started.  The morning of, she was dressed and ready at 6:50AM.  Then, she proceeded to ask if it was time to go to preschool approximately every seven minutes.  She was very excited.  :-) 

Off she goes!  
Confident and excited.  

Mama's girl. 


Hannah could hardly gather her thoughts fast enough to tell me all the details of her first day.  Who she sat by, who she played with, what centers she played in… so much accomplished in just a couple of hours.   :-) 

Cheers to a great start for the 2014-15 school year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment