Friday, March 21, 2014

BIg 12 Tournament

Brent and I went to the Big 12 Men's Basketball Tournament last week in Kansas City with my college roommate and good friends, Megan and James.  


Teresa, Brent, James, Megan

Some of Brent's AGR fraternity brothers - Ryan Bristle, Lee Madden, Adam Handlos and Brent.  


You know you are old when you keep talking about how loud the music is in the bars.  O-L-D.  

Who doesn't love Fred Hoiberg? 

I did the Big 12 5K while we were in Kansas City, too.  The most hills ever.  There was one bridge we crossed that I think you could see the whole skyline of Kansas City.  

But I finished and I survived.  

Lucas has slept with my medal every night since we've been home.  :-) 

The view of the Power & Light District.  So cool to see cardinal and gold EVERYWHERE!  


Show our support to Georges Niang who had bloody eye injury in the Kansas game.  He received five stitches and played with a band aid on… Cyclones fans united to show support.  
Nianging it.  

Champions!  




What a year for a great team!

We would show our love and still be fans - win or lose.  For heavens sake, we are Cyclone fans, after all.  But this team seems pretty special to me.  Maybe it's because Lucas really go into the games this year, knew all of the players (not just starters) name and jersey numbers.  Or maybe its all of the social media links I can read and follow along.  Or maybe it's just what true fans feel.  I'm definitely going to miss seniors Melvin Ejim and DeAndre Kane.  But the season isn't over yet!  We'll see what the boys can do in March Madness with a #3 seed.  It doesn't matter, though.  You'll be hard pressed to find more loyal ISU fans than the ones that live at our house.  Go State!  

No comments:

Post a Comment