Wednesday, March 20, 2013

fun runnin'

Last summer two of my girlfriends and I decided we would start a new hobby - running in 5k races.  While we are totally committed to doing this new thing together we are also three busy moms.  So we've only done two races that worked for all three of our schedules.  But we hope to continue this new leisurely pursuit and have already signed up for a couple races this summer.
 
 
November 2012
Me, Loree and Sara.

This race was fun because it was on ISU campus - my old stomping ground. 
 
Our goal for this race was to simply improve our time from the first race.  I will say this - there wasn't much room to go any slower - getting faster was our only option :-)  I'm proud to say we reached our goal - woohoo!  This has been such a fun thing to do with friends; we encouraged each other and pushed each other to the finish. 
 
*Noteworthy - I was 8 weeks pregnant at this race which is nothing like being 8 months pregnant, but I'll still check mark that in a special category.

No comments:

Post a Comment