Friday, July 1, 2011

Fair prep

I've been putting in a lot longer and out-of-the-ordinary hours lately.  This has not gone unnoticed by the 3 1/2 year old at our house.  He wants to know where I've been and what I've been doing.  Simply put, I tell him I am working on getting ready for the fair.  He gets that.  He wants to know when it will be time for the fair.  Remember, he doesn't really have a concept of days or weeks; we just say "soon." 

Waking him up the other day, deep from his slumber he grumbles (eyes still shut and body curled up), "Is it fair day today?" 
"No buddy, not today."
"Soon?"
"Yes, soon." 

One of his favorite phrases lately is "I have a great idea" or "Isn't that a great idea?"  I try to say something during the waking up process that grabs his attention and makes him forget about being tired, "Lucas, I have a great idea."
"What?"
"When you and Hannah and Daddy come to the fair, will you show Hannah all of the animals?"
"Yeah!  That's a great idea."

I, of course, love that Lucas is so excited about the fair.  I hope Hannah loves it, too.  It will be here "soon."  And I will be absent from blogging...

No comments:

Post a Comment